Apple is looking for Engineers
- Dec. 13, 2019
POSITION 1 Display Quality Engineer
- Apple Inc.
- Location: Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Apple is looking for a world-class Display Quality Engineer to lead the engineering and manufacturing activities to launch the next-generation display technologies for the displays in award-winning Apple products. The Display Quality Team is responsible for delivering the technologies with high quality products to enable the world’s best Apple display products. Each individual will serve as a focal point in process & quality improvement of new display panels from the engineering build to the product ramp.
- BS/MS with 7+ years experience in display manufacturing or other display engineering areas.
- Background with LCD, Touch Sensor or OLED displays, materials, semiconductor process.
- Knowledge of TFT, Touch, Electrical and Optical operations in display technology
- Periods travel required (up to 25%)
- Experienced in-depth technical knowledge, and proven track record in display technologies such as LCD, Touch Sensor and OLED.
- Demonstrated ability to drive vendor in display Quality improvement. Capability to plan DOEs, execute failure analysis and come up with yield/quality improvement path
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
POSITION 2 Senior Optical Engineer in Metrology
- Coherent Inc.
- Location: Richmond, CA, United States
Applications include semiconductor and flat-panel display manufacturing, ground and space-based telescopes, defense systems and other exotic scientific and government-sponsored programs. We are seeking a senior metrology engineer to assist us in executing the most demanding technical projects in aspheric systems design and metrology.
- MS or PhD in physics or optical engineering.
- Experience in optical design & analysis tools such as Code V, Zemax, FRED or equivalent
- Experience with interferometers, optical test & alignment equipment, cmm’s, and metrology methods is required
- Working knowledge of Matlab
- Ability to support ITAR programs (US Citizen or permanent resident)
- Experience as project or technical lead is highly desired
- Experience supporting new business proposal or IR&D technology development efforts is a plus
- Experience programming in C is a plus
POSITION 3 Optics Physicist/Engineer
- California Institute of Technology
- Location: Pasadena, CA, United States
LIGO Laboratory (the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory) seeks a highly motivated and skilled engineer or physicist, experienced in optics or electro-optics engineering, to join its team. This individual has responsibility for working with a team of engineers and scientists to continue improving the interferometer performance especially with regard to improved stray light control, and in particular assist with the design of stray light control for upgrades to the LIGO instruments.
- MS degree in Optical Engineering or Physics
- 3 or more years of related work experience or the equivalent education of a PhD
- Experience with stray light optical analysis using the Zemax software
- Strong skills in thermo-physical modeling/analysis
- Excellent skills and experience in experimental optics
- Experience with high power laser systems and associated safety considerations
- Ability to correlate measurements to analytical predictions
- Good spoken and written English language skills
- Experienced with Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel)
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and specifications
- Highly professional, collaborative and an effective communicator
- Willing and able to document work collaboratively with the team, and individually, with memos, internal wiki pages, electronics logs, etc.
- Experienced and effective in working collaboratively in a large, complex research project
- The ability to work seamlessly in a team which has installations in Washington and Louisiana, and key members in California and Massachusetts
- PhD degree in optical, or electro-optical, engineering or physics
- Experience with clean room and vacuum environments and protocols